Sunday, August 3, 2008

Party

This weekend was long and fun and sober and exhausting. I planned a bachelorette party for my friend who is getting married this weekend, and while it was fun, I'm so glad it's over and done with. It took way too much out of me. I'd never, ever want to be a party planner. I had a ton of help from one of my friends, a should-be party planner who helped me think of and create our own games and make a LOT of posters and hang decorations and buy food and drinks and gifts and all of that stuff.

My best contribution to the party was "Memory", which was a posterboard with MemoRIA!! written on the top in bright gameshow letters, and below it 12 construction paper question marks hiding 12 face pictures of Memo, the groom. 12 Hilarious face pictures, which I happen to own TONS of from previous parties over the course of almost 4 years. Basically, all the bride had to do was match the 6 pairs and take a penalty shot of tequila when she messed up. So funny. As the game went on, the more she drank, so it got harder and harder. Plus, it turned out to be her favorite game. Everytime a face picture was revealed, she squealed in hilarity and with love at the sight of her FIANCE. SFIC'ntST.

I also bought cucumbers (a ridiculously large one for the bride and funny shaped ones for the rest of the girls) and condoms and we had a race to see who could put their condom on the cucumber the fastest. Maybe it sounds cheesy, but it turned out to be hilarious, especially when the bride couldn't get the wrapper off and lost. We made her finish dressing her cucumber and then she had to drink another shot of Tequila.

We had the party at my friends' apartment because the boys decided to have a huge party here at my house while we were gone, which we crashed at around 2AM. Their party turned out to be boring. They set up a huge flat screen TV in the dining room and somebody brought a Playstation 3 and all of them (except CC, of course, who never gets drunk as a skunk) were drunk as skunks. Clumsiness, singing, and typical pointless but passionate conversations ensued. I stayed up until 5AM participating in these conversations, giving my opinion on things, like: "yes, I know that you two are as close as brothers, Yes, I think that you should lick the nasty table to prove it." It was fun.

No comments: