Thursday, July 10, 2008

I Do Cultural Stuff

Last night I was asked to be an edecan at The Ballet, which means that I got to stand at the top of the stairs and hand out programs. Nobody took a picture of me, so unfortunately I cannot post one of me in action, but it turns out that I am the best edecan ever. Here is what I said to each and everyone in attendance last night at The Ballet:

Bienvenidos! (Big Smile)
Aqui tiene! (hand them program)
Adelante, Por Favor!
(Big Smile)
Que disfrutan el show! (Just kidding I didnt really say this line but I wanted to)

Which was pretty much my script for the night. Before I left, CC helped me practice by pretending to enter the bathroom door where I'd be standing and then I'd say my lines to him. It served me well, because I didn't make any mistakes and the night was a success, except for when people came up and asked me questions like, "when is this act going to be over?" or, "Where is the bathroom?", which I hadn't rehearsed and didn't know the answers for anyway. But I made it through and I hope I get asked to edecan again.

No comments: