Wednesday, July 9, 2008

BORING MAN

Yesterday, our best friend couple (and our padrinos de velacion) took us out to dinner for our anniversary week. It was lovely. We had a heated discussion about the movie Juno and whether or not it will influence teenagers to give their babies away and whether or not it matters. Then CC and the Padrino forced me to watch IRON MAN, on pirata, at our house.

IRON MAN is everything I hate about the movies. Stupid story, stupid cool explosions and stupid "awesome" special effects, stupid "coolest man on Earth" protagonist with freakishly large rib cage that is going to depress all men who watch the movie because they cannot be him.

I'm willing to bet my life on the fact that IRON MAN is plagued with all kinds of basic scientific errors, too (obviously the whole concept of IRON MAN is ridiculous, but Im not talking about that), carelessly thrown in because story isn't an issue and because most people are just like me and too dumb in science to know any better. But even if I don't exactly know what mistakes were made and probably wouldn't understand even if they were pointed out, I know they are there, and that makes it worse.

In other news, I finally tracked down the only copy of the third season of The Office on legal DVD known to exist in the entire city of Queretaro, so I bought it and that's what we've been doing this week. We love The Office. So far, the second season was better, but this one is really good too. Maybe it will get even better now that they've just merged the Scranton and Stamford branches together and Jim is around again. I like the new guy, Andy.

We let Pippen watch the Office with us, but first he has to earn it.

4 comments:

Stou said...

You are boring.

Iron Man was soooo sweeet, especially the robot that tried to spray him with the fire extinguisher.

Pipen is so cute... with his giant mouth flaps... you dog abusers.

sixoryx said...

1. Ugh.

2. Sigh. Whatever. THe robot thing was retarded.

3. I know! They're called lip curtains, actually

I just got deja vu, weird

Stou said...

Oh... so yea Iron Man had giant scientific errors... most notably the whole plasma reactor thing... but who cares it's a freaking comic

Also, I doubt even a single man in the world got depressed after watching that movie.

See men lack ovaries, so their thought process goes like... "Woah sooo coool WOOSH look at um fly... Yea! Drive that audi r8 boeeeey", not like "God I will never be him. And my thighs are fat"

sixoryx said...

Yeah ok maybe. I liked the Audi that cheesy Pepper Potts drove better than the racey one tho