Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Stealing

It has come to my attention that crime is steadily seeping out of the Distrito Federal and into the lovely city in which I live at a rapid pace. Today on the nearest main street from my home, two men held a car up that was sitting in traffic and demanded that one of the passengers give him his watch. Rumor has it that it was a Rolex, which I HIGHLY doubt. But anyway, the guy said No, and they responded by shooting him twice, I'm not sure where, and then they ripped his watch off of his wrist. The guy driving the car tried following the guys but when the coldblooded culprits realized that they were being tracked, they shot at them and the robbed and bloody people stopped their chase and the perpetraitors got away with their fake Rolex, free and clear.

My car was stolen outside of my apartment complex here two years ago in the middle of the night. The surveillance cameras captured a funny video of it being stolen and leaving the street in fast motion but the video failed to show the perp's face or even his figure. It was partially my own fault because I left it out on the street in front instead of in the underground parking lot. Luckily the car was only used as a getaway car or something because the police found it unscathed and abandoned in the middle of nowhere about six months later. They probably had something to do with it, but I don't care, because it was returned.

I am now banned from giving pesos to beggars or their children while stopped in traffic or to accept flyers from anyone or to have my windows down at all or to wear any of my Rolexes when I drive.

No comments: